If you’re in San Francisco and wished you could join an incubator but for any reason you didn’t, now there’s another option. Hackers & Founders “The Co-Op” is a different type of incubator, focusing more on business advice than in giving you money, is an interesting proposition.
How The Co-Op Works:
- Founders in The Co-op get together for weekly dinners where they listen to speakers and mentors and become a community.
- Founders are encouraged to become advisers in each other’s companies by trading small (0.25% to 0.5%) equity stakes.
- After working together on things like learning how to pitch and present, as well as the ropes of funding, founders are connected to the investment community (office hours are setup with a prominent angel in the community, personal introductions are made and AngelList).
- Towards the end of the program short video pitches are made and investors can view them online.
- Finally, there’s a party where investors meet founders in person.
For a full description and the history behind this new incubator-style program, check out the full article on Hackers & Founders site.