I just got an email about the “Funding The Best In Global Innovation III” event, to be held in New York on May 16. In its third year, this 1-day conference is an initiative of the Worldwide Investor Network, a group that focuses on startups from all over the world (not just US-based) and assists them with mentorship and in raising capital.
As Elizabeth Lopez, their VP of Operations told me, “Our goal is to showcase only the TOP tech global startups and as such our business model is the most friendly for entrepreneurs. There is no fee to present at our events, and our process includes mentorship done by Top NY Investors (virtually), free access to our community event, and a spot to pitch to the most relevant NYC-based investors at our demo day”.
The lineup for their May 16th event include some top investors and experienced entrepreneurs:
- David Aronoff – General Partner, Flybridge Capital
- Brad Svrluga – General Partner, High Peaks Venture Partners
- Lisa Wu – Venture Capitalist, Norwest Venture Partners
- Jessica Lawrence – Executive Director, NY Tech Meetup
- Andrew Cleland – Venture Partner, Comcast Ventures
- Hadley Harris – General Partner, Eniac Ventures
- Jalak Jobanputra – Managing Partner, FuturePerfect Ventures
- Charlie O’Donnell – Partner, Brooklyn Bridge Ventures
- Tanya Prive – Founder, COO of Rock the Post
- Alejandro Cremades – Founder, CEO of Rock the Post
- Ann Li – Executive Vice President, Center for Economic Transformation, City of New York
- Inaki Berenguer – Co-Founder, Pixable
- Eran Gilad – CEO, Tracx
- Shay Rapaport – CEO, FireBlade
- Steve Peltzman – Chief Business Technology Officer, Forrester
- Greg Satell – Contributor, Forbes Magazine
- Joao-Pierre Ruth – New York Editor, Xconomy
- Rebecca Fannin – Author, Silicon Dragon (2008) & Startup Asia (2011)
- Ed Sim – Founder and Management Partner, BOLDstart Ventures
- Eliot Durbin – Partner, BOLDstart Ventures
If your live outside the US and are looking to get exposure to your startup, make connections with the VC community and get advice and mentorship, then you should check out their website at www.worldwideinvestornetwork.com.
The Worldwide Investor Network has extended a courtesy discount for readers of this blog. Use the code StartupWebGuide to snatch 25% discount off the registration price.
Funding the Best in Global Innovation III – Details
- When: May 16, 2013
- Where: 1221 Avenue of the Americas, New York City, NY
- Register at: www.worldwideinvestornetwork.com
- Discount code for 25% off: StartupWebGuide